Mango salad is a very tasty and refreshing dish that has hints of spiciness, sweetness and sourness. If you’re in that mood for something savoury and sweet to accompany a dish such as fish or chicken, this makes a great side dish.
This salad contains all natural and raw ingredients, which provide good nutrition – especially vitamin C from the mango, oranges, and apples. Granny smith apples also contain lots of fiber and helps control blood sugar, which makes it a good dish to include in your diet. The high amounts of antioxidants in mangoes and granny smith apples makes this not only a tasty dish, but a healthy dish!
1. Mango – 2 whole ripe mangoes, diced
2. Granny smith apple – 2, diced
3. Red Onion – half a large onion, diced
4. Coriander leaves – a handful, chopped
5. Crushed Red chillies – 2
6. Vinegar – 3 tablespoons
7. Orange juice – 1 tablespoon
8. Lemon – 1 tablespoon
9. Salt – to taste
- Chop coriander leaves and red chilies into small fine pieces.
- Chop onions and green apples into small cubes. Ideally, you want to be able to get a spoonful of different ingredients, so the smaller, the better.
- Chop mangoes into small cubes.
- Mix everything together in a bowl.
- Add orange juice and vinegar and mix again.
- Add salt and squeeze lemon juice into the bowl.
- Mix everything together and let it set for a few minutes and then it is ready to serve.
- This salad goes wonderfully with baked fish or chicken.
Home remedies should not be substituted for medical advice. We strictly advise not to make any changes in your lifestyle without prior discussing with your medical professional or doctor. Eelam Flavour will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.